Saturday, August 1, 2009

Penne Lasagna

So, I like to make lasagna sometimes. The thing is, you have to wait for the lasagna noodles to cool enough to handle them. Last time, I ran cold water over them thinking who cares ... it's going in the oven anyway? That worked fine, but I burned my fingers a little bit. And then you have to layer everything and it takes a bit of patience, you know? Every time I make lasagna, I have sore feet by the time the pan goes into the oven.
Today, I said forget it. We're using penne instead.
So simple. Why didn't I think of it before?! All that tomato and ricotta yumminess, but so much easier.
There's so much leftover because le husband and I had this yummy salad first (romaine, cucumbers, roma tomatoes, crumbled feta, peppercorn ranch dressing and twice baked Wegman's croutons) while the pasta was busy bubbling away in the oven. I was going to grill some peach halves for dessert, but I forgot to get vanilla ice cream. Instead, we'll have to have the leftover Ghirardelli brownies I made on Monday. They're the best brownies I've ever made from scratch. (The recipe is on the label of the baking bar.) It's been a good cooking day. I love it when that happens!

No comments: