Monday, September 28, 2009

Old people drink lots of coffee

So, I'm almost the big 3-0, and except for when I worked at Starbuck's, I haven't ever really gotten into the habit of drinking more than one cup of coffee a day. And I've NEVER understood what the point of decaf was. I've always thought it made more sense to just drink water than decaf.
Old people, however, drink like a pot of coffee a day. Like my parents. And it's decaf all day long. (?!?!?!?!)
Lately, the unthinkable has begun to happen. Sometimes at night, after dinner, I sort of think how nice a hot cup of coffee would be. And on weekend afternoons, I sometimes make a cup of instant decaf coffee. (I can only handle one caffeine drink a day, or else I can't sleep when I want to. Don't mess with my sleep.)
And so it begins. The oldness is coming.

No comments: